Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why would Apple offer me this update that doesn't work or include the proper cable to apparently hook up to my computer ?

Hi I'm am going crazy over here trying to figure out my Apple TV! I don't know anything about this stuff ... why I am stuck on a screen asking me to connect to a computer with a micro USB wi a picture that looks like iTunes?? I don't have a computer I use my iPhone for everything and I don't have a micro USB why did it ask me for this update if it doesn't work?!? Help?!

Apple TV, iOS 7.0.1

Posted on Sep 30, 2013 1:50 AM

8 replies

Sep 30, 2013 3:54 AM in response to jvansickle3

The update does work. However, like with all electronics, sometimes updates fail.

Take the device to your local Apple store and request assistance.

If there is not a local Apple store, ask a friend with a computer if you can restore the device on their computer. It's not that big of a deal and the cable, if you need to buy one, is only a couple of dollars. Most people have a USB cable, they are fairly common.

Oct 1, 2013 10:42 AM in response to jvansickle3

Hi

I just got my Apple TV and have the same problem. Before turning my apple tv on i installed all the cabels etc. it took my rufly 4 hours. Now i have to take it all down again just to connect my Apple TV to my computer in the opposite end of our house. ( and don´t even got the usb cable 😕 )

Are the no possible way of doing this some other way ?

Oct 1, 2013 10:59 AM in response to MortensenDK

MortensenDK wrote:

Before turning my apple tv on i installed all the cabels etc. it took my rufly 4 hours.

Yeah... 'cause it's really difficult to connect and HDMI cable and a power cable.

MortensenDK wrote:

Now i have to take it all down again just to connect my Apple TV to my computer

Again, it's only two cables. Maybe 3 if using the optical audio cable.

MortensenDK wrote:

Are the no possible way of doing this some other way ?

Use a laptop instead of disconnecting everything... regardless it will require connecting the ATV to a computer running iTunes to restore.

Why would Apple offer me this update that doesn't work or include the proper cable to apparently hook up to my computer ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.