Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need new apple ID for existing email registration

My friend Margaret was given her grandson's 'old' iPad. She and i have been trying to get her registered with an apple ID so she can download Apps, iTunes, etc. She has no knowledge of having been registered before so does not have details of password, or security info. But when we try to set up new account it says her emaIl is already registered. If we try to reset password by getting link sent to email, nothing arrives in inbox. We suspect Margaret's grandson may have added her email address as a sub of his account (if this is possible) but she really needs to have an account of her own. How do we resolve this?

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Sep 30, 2013 3:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2013 2:24 AM

I have since spoken with the Apple help desk - they recommend a new email account with which she can create new Apple ID. There are other options, but they just seem too laborious and complication. So we'll be moving on the new email.

1 reply

Need new apple ID for existing email registration

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.