Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

monetization rejected while using imovie trailer for film on youtube

i love to use the trailer for making quick an nice movies. As I uploaded them to youtube and tried monetize them via youtube they get rejected due to the music.

How do I clarify that this is music from iMovie and I bought it with the software?

iMovie '11, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Sep 30, 2013 3:45 AM

2 replies

Sep 30, 2013 6:44 AM in response to Hannes Schleeh

This question comes up from time to time. YouTube and Facebook are both wrong.

There are a number of con-men who think that they can earn a quick buck from claiming that they own the copyright to Apple’s royalty-free jingles and sound effects included with the iLife applications. These are all free to use, as clearly stated in section 2.C of the iLife Software License Agreement:

“You may use the Apple and third party audio content (“Audio Content”) contained in or otherwise included with the Apple software, on a royalty-free basis, to create your own original soundtracks for your video and audio projects. You may broadcast and/or distribute your own soundtracks that were created using the Audio Content, however, individual samples, sound sets, or audio content may not be commercially or otherwise distributed on a standalone basis, nor may they be repackaged in whole or in part as audio samples, sound files, sound effects or music beds.”

http://images.apple.com/legal/sla/docs/ilife09.pdf

You should quote this (also providing the above link) when following the dispute process with YouTube.

monetization rejected while using imovie trailer for film on youtube

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.