Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

xcode 5 change white interface builder background?

Option 1: buy some sunglasses 😎.

Option 2: can anyone instruct me how to go about changing the glaring white background in interface builder/MainMenu.xib editor?

I was more than happy with the old graph paper background. Any way to get that back?

TIA

Posted on Sep 30, 2013 3:23 AM

9 replies

Oct 9, 2013 6:52 AM in response to Phil Stokes

Not that I've heard of. It appears that the look of Xcode 5 couples tightly with IOS 7, the icons, the white background, etc.

I saw Xcode 5 before I saw IOS 7 and was immediately hit with the change in look of Xcode, the flatness of the UI, the colors, the icons. When I finally installed IOS 7 it was obvious (at least to me) that the UI's were based on the same theme.

I'm afraid this hints at what Mavericks will look like 😐

Oct 9, 2013 9:32 AM in response to Frank Caggiano

Mavericks GUI is already widely publicized. It's not that much different from ML.

The changes that I've seen are generally welcome — the exception being the blinding white Xcode 5 Interface builder "background" (I'm not sure that 'background' is really the appropriate term for any part of a visual field whose salience competes with the elements that are supposed to be the focus of the viewer's attention, but still...)

Oct 9, 2013 11:23 AM in response to K T

No, I'm not new to the process. I spent several years in AppleSeed and filed plenty of bugs both there and also through Radar, too. I'm past that, now. Apple shouldn't need lessons in basic visual design, and I don't believe they'll listen to any users who care to give them (enter evidence for the prosecution, item 1: the vociferous complaints since July 2011 about the lack of color icons in Finder sidebar and the paucity of any response from ).

My question was whether there was any way to change this behaviour at the user level, not how to express my dissatisfaction about the design.

xcode 5 change white interface builder background?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.