Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Format failures on 128GB SanDisk Extreme

I have a MacBook Pro 2.2GHz running Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 I recently bought a SanDisk Extreme 128GB SDXC card and am having problems formatting it. It refuses to be formatted when using the inbuilt SD card slot and will only work when I place it in an external byte store card reader. But when I attempt to format the drive as Mac OS Jounaled it deletes the partition and formats it as a 24.44GB disk from which I can see no rerturn.

I have used DiskUtility and then the SD Formatter but nothing seems to break the partition back to the original 128GB card. At first I thought this was an issue with a particular SD card but I have returned it a recieved another and the same problem occurs so I am pretty sure it is a failing with Mac OSX.

Has anyone come across this problem and if so is there a resolution. I have googled but cannot find any other mentions of the problem and SanDisk are not helping much.

G4 Power Book, Mac OS X (10.4.10), Also G5

Posted on Sep 30, 2013 4:28 AM

1 reply

Format failures on 128GB SanDisk Extreme

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.