Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 4 won't notify me when i have a text message

My Iphone 4 will not notify me when I have a text message. There is not banner notification, not sound, or vibration. I have to click on the message icon to even see if I have a text message.

Two things have changed since the problem began to occur:

1. I updated to iOS7, 2. I began using iMessage on my MacBook Pro as well as updated my computer to the newest software.

Do Not Distrub is not on, my ringer is set to loud, I have made sure that there is some sort of setting on my phone that will notify me (vibrations, ringtones, etc..)

I do not know what is wrong.

iPhone 4, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 30, 2013 5:29 AM

5 replies

Sep 10, 2015 3:35 PM in response to Gomer14

I had the same problem. It was the "do not disturb button" that was activated. In my iphone when the "Do not disturb" is ON; it shows a moon next to the battery charge icon. When to "settings" , Do Not Disturb", and on the "Manual" option (turn off by switching the little nob to the left); then click on the option within "Allow Calls from" choose Everyone. The last option is "Silence" you want to choose "Only while IPhone is locked"

Hope this is helpfull

Iphone 4 won't notify me when i have a text message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.