Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 5 problems

i have a portable charger case for my i phone 5, when i turn it on it says, 'this cable or accessory is not certified and may not work reliably with this i phone' any ideas how to make it work properly?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Sep 30, 2013 7:43 AM

2 replies

Dec 30, 2013 2:03 PM in response to mario49

Try checking your cable socket/lightning cable for dirt, grime, pocket lint, etc. I could not find the solution to this issue myself and after much searching I found someone stating that cleaning this out helped them immensely.

After taking a wooden toothpick (making sure the phone was OFF first) and gently clearing out the edges and inside of the lightning socket this went away.) It is worth noting that I had a significant amount of dust or lint buildup along the edge rails which I think was causing the iphone to believe it was plugged into something when it was not.

Try it and see, ensure you are very careful and do not use any conductive tools to clean the area in question. Compressed air also does wonders here.

iphone 5 problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.