Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Storage full because of calendar events

My new iPhone 5s (64GB) running ios7.2 keeps filling up on storage. When I check storeage usage it has "Calendars & Reminders" using 25.5 gigs? ***?

The only calendar I have running is iCloud. I'm assuming that it's reoccuring event that is stuck in a infinite loop? Yet, everytime I go to remove the calendar from sync it won't let me b/c it says it is currently syncing. I've tried rebooting countless times. I've tried a hard reset. I've gone into iCloud and delete all the calendars and put in a single, new blank one.

When I first started noticing this issue yesterday a reboot would delete the calendar, but then it would rebuild it and fill my storage up again.

Any thoughts?

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Sep 30, 2013 9:10 AM

11 replies

Oct 3, 2013 2:30 PM in response to JayC_mac_user

I'm having the same problem with my iPhone 4 recently updated to iOS7. My calendar is suddenly using 4.9G and my entire phone is moving like molasses. It's moving so slow I can't delete my subscribed calendars in an attempt to fix the problem. I've had to delete multiple apps and half my music just to keep the storage alerts from popping up.

Oct 17, 2013 2:13 PM in response to JayC_mac_user

I am experiencing the same issue, and I don't even have any calendar accounts set up on my phone yet. Mine was showing the Carlendars & Reminders taking up 8.6GB, and now 10 mins later, without changing anything it shows that it takes up 4.1GB. Every time I back out to 'General' then go back into 'Usage', my Calendar & Reminders changes. It went from 8.6, to 4.1, to 4.6 and now 5.6 (with the last three all within about 2 mins of each other). Is this a bug?

Jun 4, 2015 4:58 PM in response to JayC_mac_user

Okay I managed to fix this. Went in to the Apple Store and they said it's a firmware issue they've seen recently sometimes. It's caused by a running process called assetsd that incorrectly overwrites or specifies data. In order to fix:

• Unsync and remove all the calendars/reminders and subscribed calendars I could find. Even stopped Facebook having access to calendars, etc.
  • Make sure all apps are closed, especially calendar (i.e. swipe up on apps from double tapped home button).
  • I then deleted some easy podcasts/photos to make some space available so the phone could actually operate.
  • Subscribed to the 8.4 beta program and downloaded and installed the latest beta build straight away OTA. Monitoring the storage usage to make sure calendar wasn't starting up and taking over again.
  • After the beta upgrade OTA, turned calendars back on from iCloud and Exchange, etc.

Seems to be working fine now and haven't seen the issue crop up again. So glad I didn't have to lose all my settings and app settings as that's hours

iPhone Storage full because of calendar events

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.