Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mailbox Alphabetical Listing Not Working

In the past, when I would create a new email Mailbox, it would line up alphabetically with the existing Mailboxes. Now when I create a new Mailbox, it shows up at the bottom of the existing list. How do I make the new ones become part of the alphabetical list?

Mac mini (Late 2009), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Sep 30, 2013 8:45 AM

4 replies

May 5, 2015 11:22 AM in response to Gar Benedick

I don't want a workaround either. I went to the Apple Store, and the Genius said there is no solution to this right now and to post feedback on apple.com. There may be a complex solution, but I wanted a simple one (i.e., defaulting to sort the mailboxes in ascending order, alphabetically). For now, you'll have to drag them into the right order. Or you could switch to a third-party email client (Thunderbird) or a web app (gmail or Google Inbox).

I use Google Inbox in beta, and it's working great! I'll send you an invite, if you like. I think web apps for mail are where we are going in the future of email management.

I've applied for an AppleCare representative position. See how good I could be? :-)

Mailbox Alphabetical Listing Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.