Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DVD Studio Pro Burning HVDVD_TS File Disk

I have been having trouble burning a HD DVD from DVD Studio Pro. It continues to burn a data disk with the HVDVD_TS files instead of a DVD with a menu to play in a DVD player. What am I doing wrong?

DVD Studio Pro

Posted on Sep 30, 2013 9:44 AM

8 replies

Sep 30, 2013 9:55 AM in response to jamiemk12

Don't do this. Why? Because HD DVD lost out to BluRay in the high def DVD wars (like Betamax lost to VHS back in the day). The only devices that will play those DVDs are Toshiba HD DVD players that have been discontinued for about 4 years. And Macs with Superdrives. That's it. Regular DVD players won't play them, BluRay players won't play them.

If you want high def DVDs, you're going to have to invest in a BluRay burner, and software that will author BluRay disks, like Toast. Compressor will author BluRay, to regular DVDs no less (so I hear), but they have to be under 10 min. And then those will only work in BluRay players.

DVD Studio Pro Burning HVDVD_TS File Disk

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.