5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 1, 2013 12:18 AM by markmac78
Jimmybek Level 1 Level 1

since put ios 7 on my ipad 3 i can not see the titles under my videos so you can imagine a have about 750 videos clip on my ipad  how to resolve the problem

it becomes useless tu have my videos on my ipad

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 7.0.2
  • poikkeus1 Level 4 Level 4

My iOS7 videos have titles like before. Perhaps you could show a webshot of the issue you're dealing with.

• Mart65 Level 1 Level 1

You're right. Movies and TV shows don't have titles anymore, just artwork. Music videos do have titles. If you want the titles to show up you'll have to tag them as music videos in iTunes. You can find more info about tagging here: http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/articles/comments/the-complete-guide-to-managin g-itunes-videos/

• Jimmybek Level 1 Level 1

thanks for your help  and your answer but how to tag them as a music videos  all my 800  videos?

• Mart65 Level 1 Level 1

It's pretty easy to change the media kind to music video. But yeah, 800 times... If you're on a Mac there are some nice tools in the Mac App Store that can do batch changes. If you're on a PC try google, I don't have a PC. Or just wait for iOS 7.1 or whatever and see if Apple will fix this. Strange thing is that the recent Apple TV update added more support for movies (home movies etc.) so maybe iOS 7 will catch up. iOS 7 design was probably so important to Apple that they forgot usability...

• markmac78 Level 1 Level 1

Had the same issue with tv shows on my iPad. Found a relatively easy work around till Apple fix their stuff up. With the iPad connect to iTunes on my Mac. Do a Get Info (Apple+i) on the first video in your Movies list. There is a next button located at the bottom of this window. Click next over and over till you hit the end of your video list. This seems to force IOS7 to refresh the titles of the files. So now all my files are still within MOVIES tab, plus they have a grey box, movie icon and the file names over them in white.

It's pretty average we're expected to do work arounds for something like this though!