Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I dispute Candy Crush overcharges on my iTunes account?

How can I dispute Candy Crush overcharges on my iTunes account? They have some way of multiplying purchases, and I can't figure out how to address the problem. All I know for sure, so far, is that for every time I buy a .99 cent color bomb, I end up with over $10 belng charged to my bank account. It's impossible to trace it through the charges on iTunes, because they simply show a long list of multiple .99 cent to 3.99 purchases, many more than I ever made. Does anyone else have this problem??

Posted on Sep 30, 2013 10:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2013 3:22 PM

Absolutely, I have also found that they have charged on days I did not even play the game. They need to be sued.

16 replies

Jan 8, 2014 8:12 PM in response to LilJeezy

In respect to charges appearing on days where purchases have not occurred: iTunes orders can remain open for a few business days before they close and during that time multiple purchases can be combined on the same receipt.

I do not believe that Candy Crush incorrectly bills people. I think the main issue is related to addictive behaviors and lack of restrictions to prevent purchases from being made on kids' devices. Just my opinion.

To prevent these types of purchases being made on you or your family members' devices, please see the following article:

Restricting In-App Purchases - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT6088

Jan 13, 2014 11:36 AM in response to BritWhi

People have gotten refunds, but few post back to say so. Most people forget these threads once their problem is solved and don't bother to come back and report their issue as being resolved. Such completely case-by-case, though, so whether someone else did or did not get a refund really won't apply to your own situation. This is something you need to work with your bank and iTunes Support on.

Regards.

Jan 9, 2014 9:56 AM in response to jeffrey512

Where I respect your opinion Jeffrey512, I can attest to the fact they charge on days you do not even play. I tested this theory twice within the past 2 days. I specifically bought $9.60 worth of new lives and boosters on the 7th but was billed over $123.00 on the that same day, saying I purchased over $123 worth of boosters of lives when I specifically only spent the $9.60 to see what would happen. Sure enough they charged me for items I did not even buy. Then, I was charged an additional $9.59 yesterday Jan 8th when I did not even open the game! It is incomprehensible and devastating my finances. I even had my iTunes account deactivated yesterday and somehow, still managed to purchase items?? I need answers and someone to accept responsibility. I have made purchases, it is an entertaining game but I have purchased with strict restrictions and made sure to keep a track of everything. So I do not understand where all the 100s of additional charges are coming from!

Jan 9, 2014 10:03 AM in response to BritWhi

Are these charges appearing in your Purchase History? If so, then someone with access to your account made the purchases. That may have been someone that you know, a friend or family member. That's often the case with unauthorized purchases that defintely came through the iTunes Store, that someone the account holder knows got access to the account without the account holder's knowledge or authorization. The charges may continue to appear for a while even after the account is deactivated since the iTunes Store bills in batches. In any case, this is an issue that only the iTunes Store can address.

If the charges are not appearing in your Purchase History, then someone has most probably gotten your credit card number and is submitting fraudulent charges directly your card, or has used your card in another iTunes Store account, and in either case it will be up to your bank to handle.

Regards.

Jan 13, 2014 11:32 AM in response to varjak paw

Thank you for your very informative help! These charges are appearing in my Purchase History but NO ONE I know has access to my iTunes account. And within the Purchase History you can see the charges are coming from Candy Crush and none of my family or friends even play the game. It is literally humanly impossible to purchase as much as it says I have. There is over $123 in charges of $10-$12 increments (approx 10 different batches) from the 7th and I know I only purchased $9.60 on that day. And as you mentioned, I do have a charge from 11/11 of $9.60 out of my bank account when I deactivated my iTunes account on the 8th. This charge however is not in my purchase history. Hopefully my bank can sort this all out but in the meantime, I am overdrafting my checking account and losing money.

Jan 13, 2014 11:40 AM in response to BritWhi

These charges are appearing in my Purchase History but NO ONE I know has access to my iTunes account. And within the Purchase History you can see the charges are coming from Candy Crush and none of my family or friends even play the game. It is literally humanly impossible to purchase as much as it says I have.

Actually with in-app purchases as constructed in many games, it's not only possible, it's not that difficult.

There is over $123 in charges of $10-$12 increments (approx 10 different batches) from the 7th and I know I only purchased $9.60 on that day. And as you mentioned, I do have a charge from 11/11 of $9.60 out of my bank account when I deactivated my iTunes account on the 8th. This charge however is not in my purchase history. Hopefully my bank can sort this all out but in the meantime, I am overdrafting my checking account and losing money.

If you haven't done so already, you need to immmediately change your password to the Apple ID you use in the iTunes Store. Then report the charges to the iTunes Store via the link I gave back in September. You should also remove your debit card from your account. Using a debit card is, for just this sort of reason, not a good idea.

Regards.

Jul 28, 2014 2:05 PM in response to LilJeezy

I was charged $9.41 five times for TeamLava purchases that I did not make! I contacted Apple to no avail. If this happens to you, cancel your debit card and despute the charges with your bank. Apple won't let you do phone updates or download free aps if you do this though. They basically charge you erroneously and then hold your phone hostage until you pay the BS charges. I guess my next step will be a report to the BBB and the CFPB. Thought Apple was better than this. My account was almost overdrawn because of this. Shame on you Apple.

Signed,

Very, very disappointed long-time customer

How can I dispute Candy Crush overcharges on my iTunes account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.