Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

open file is not visible on desktop

I normally operate with an external display in addition to the MacBook display. I am now on the road and trying to view a PowerPoint presentation on my MacBook alone. The application shows that the presentation is open, and if I do a 4-finger drag on the trackpad, I can see where it is, but I can't see it on my normal desktop.

Any ideas??

Thanks - MacBook (late 2009) , MountainLion 10.8.5

MacBook (13-inch Late 2009), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Sep 30, 2013 11:36 AM

9 replies

Mar 16, 2014 11:51 AM in response to 72mgsrbest

Yeah, it happens to me a lot on my Macbook Air. With the app in focus (but window hidden), select window on the top menu line and bring to front. For example, let's say excel is running but you can't see the window. The top menu line will say excel and have all the excel stuff, that is what I mean by "bring the app in focus"

Nov 18, 2014 9:07 AM in response to ssls6

I had the same problem. I could see tiny dark shade on top right corner of my display. Also I could see the file when I right click on the power point icon on the dock and click "Show all Windows". But it was not showing on my display. I did similar to previous suggestion by clicking "Bring all to front" in the "Window" tab. But, It did not work. Then, I tried clicking "Zoom Window" in the "Window" tab and it opened the file on my display. So, i think it was out of scope of display area and minimized.

open file is not visible on desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.