Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

URLs to unblock in a firewall

What specific URLs should be unblocked in a network firewall for access to the iTunes Store from iOS devices and iTunes software?

A very dated article from 2009 (http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1379) suggests these:

• itunes.apple.com
  • ax.itunes.apple.com
  • albert.apple.com
  • gs.apple.com

However, this is NOT an exhaustive list. iTunes Store access still does not work properly, even with these sites unblocked.

Another post here recommends including phobos.apple.com. That still doesn't make everything work.

I've even allowed all apple.com sites, and that also doesn't work. I believe the issue is with the third party content distributors Apple is using, such as Akamai.

Anyone have any better ideas on this, or know how we can get Apple to update their outdated support document on this?

Thanks.

Posted on Sep 30, 2013 11:56 AM

2 replies

Oct 4, 2013 8:25 PM in response to varjak paw

Thanks for locating a more current article. But, again, this doesn't really resolve the issue, no does "something's amiss with your firewall." I've seen this exact situation at more than one site, with more than one firewall. My investigation seems to point to CDN providers for Apple.

Will try the network diagnostics you've mentioned next time I see the the problem.

Thanks.

URLs to unblock in a firewall

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.