Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage not sending on iPhone

For the past couple of days, I have had an issue sending iMessages from my iPhone. The messages get stuck on sending, sometimes for 20+ minutes. However, I can, at that same time, go to my MacBook and send to that same person no problems. I am getting messages fine, but they won't send.

This just started with the 7.0.2 update. Anyone else having this issue?

Rebooting my phone helps clear it up, but there has to be a better way.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Sep 30, 2013 11:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2013 11:55 AM

You could try turning off iMessage, then after a minute or so turning it back on. If it persists, you may need to restore your phone. If you do, be sure to back it up first.

3 replies

Oct 4, 2013 6:50 AM in response to iSRS

Don't restore your phone. It's a known issue. rumor has it iOS 7.0.3 is the fix and rumor says it will be out next week.

Power off your phone and power it back on most of the time that gets it going again. sometimes it takes a second power cycle. if you have the red ! in a circle showing you can hold that to force the message to be sent as an SMS. You can also turn off imessage until they release the fix then it will be sms only

iMessage not sending on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.