Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS7 contacts crashes when trying to delete birthdays

I've been trying to clean up my contacts since "upgrading" to iOS7 hosed all my contacts on my iPad. I resynched with Outlook but now there are double entries for a lot of things including addresses and birthdays. Outlook does NOT have these entries in duplicate.

I can delete the extra addresses OK but attempting to delete an extra birthday cause the app to crash. If I re-open the app the birthday has not been deleted and any further attempt to do so will cause the app to crash again. This does NOT happen with every contact.

I'm now on iOS 7.0.2 and no fix in sight.

Anybody have a solution?

iPad 2, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 30, 2013 12:45 PM

9 replies

Nov 15, 2013 11:00 AM in response to marthafromelsewhere

Same issue here saw as well. Trying to clean up contacts' birthdays via my iPad mini w/ iOS7 and the app crashes every time. A bit pathetic Apple, one of the your "main purpose" apps has a major glitch and no fix yet after an iOS update already. Come on, stop releasing the operating systems before you work the kinks out of at least the major app functions.

Jun 2, 2014 1:12 PM in response to marthafromelsewhere

Same problem here. I'm trying to clean up my own contact card that is linked to work exchange, Facebook, ios, and google exchange. I've got multiple birthdays listed and multiple addresses for home and work. Deleting the addresses or birthdays crashes the contacts app. I'm sure if I unlink the contacts, I'll be able to remove the items, but then I'd corrupt the data on each service. I guess I need to live with the duplicate fields for now. :(

iOS7 contacts crashes when trying to delete birthdays

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.