Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photo stream stopped syncing to PC on Thursday 26th SEP 2013

simultaneous faults and matching error messages on mine and my wife's computer when trying to sync up photo stream from icloud onto PC. Error message is "1 item was not added to My Photo Stream - this item is not in a supported format". We both have separate computers, separate phones, separate accounts. We were both on icloud 2.6 when both photo streams stoped working, both using windows7. my wife has now upgraded to iCloud 3.0 and iOS7 and its still the same. has anyone had this problem that can help? Thanks

User uploaded file

Windows XP

Posted on Sep 30, 2013 12:31 PM

15 replies

Oct 12, 2013 2:57 AM in response to Blazerfrazer

11-Oct-2013: Visited Apple Store Genius Bar in Leawood, KS to seek solutons or suggestions and got referred to AppleCare since I only had overloaded iPhone along ... Unsynch problem caused by NOT having enough download disk storage space.

Tried several "least hassle" reset options without results. Intend to remove & reinstall iCloud Control Panel using default PhotoStream routing ... Prior path used was: C:\Users\Owner\Pictures\Picasa\My Photo Stream

Default path for iCloud-PhtoStream is: C:\Users\Owner\Pictures\Photo Stream\My Photo Stream

Oct 28, 2013 11:54 AM in response to Blazerfrazer

I had the same problem on my Windows 7 PC, BUT IT'S FINALLY FIXED!

Open the iCloud Control Panel and then "Sign out". Then, login again with your Apple ID & password, but this time be sure to leave the default "iCloud Photos Location". This will be a subfolder under your Windows "Pictures" folder which will be named "iCloud Photos". NOTE: If you change to a different folder, you'll still have the same problem.

Prior to using the default folder location, I tried uninstalling, reinstalling, repairing, etc. iCloud Control Panel 3.0. Nothing helped until I used the default folder location for Photos.

Oct 28, 2013 1:49 PM in response to SrLANGuy

Hi SrLANGuy, i was the was the original posting chap, you have solved the problem! Many Many thanks! I did some experimenting. Firstly I did what you said and it all worked fine as it used to using the default location, then I changed the location ( as you should be able to do!) and it stopped working again. I chose my D drive as I was low on space. Interestingly, when I changed back to the default location using the browse button, it wouldn’t work again. I had to do the full procedure again and sign out and back again, only then would it let me use the magical default location. So to sum it up, once you install or sign in, DON’T touch the browse location button you are offered and all is fine. Back when this all went wrong I must have changed the location for the photos on both my wife’s and my pc as we were both running low on space and both had the issue.

photo stream stopped syncing to PC on Thursday 26th SEP 2013

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.