Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad iMessage doesn't work with new iOS 7.02

Need help... All Setzlings are correct

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.2, Imessages doesn't work in ipad2 7.0

Posted on Sep 30, 2013 1:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2013 1:46 PM

I'm not sure completely on this issue, though I have seen it before. The first thing you should try is check your time and date is correct otherwise iMessage doesn't function, if this doesn't work reboot your ipad (hold down home button and lock button for 10 seconds). If this also doesn't work. Enter settings, click reset then click reset all settings. This will not erase data but removes any passwords and other settings data. After you have reset (if you ever needed to) re enter your Apple ID for iMessage.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2013 1:46 PM in response to mcracer

I'm not sure completely on this issue, though I have seen it before. The first thing you should try is check your time and date is correct otherwise iMessage doesn't function, if this doesn't work reboot your ipad (hold down home button and lock button for 10 seconds). If this also doesn't work. Enter settings, click reset then click reset all settings. This will not erase data but removes any passwords and other settings data. After you have reset (if you ever needed to) re enter your Apple ID for iMessage.

Oct 2, 2013 10:57 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

The same thing has happened to me. Since I updated my iPad to iOS 7.0.2, it simply does not receive iMessages (so there is no error message), and when I try to send one it grinds for a while and then gives an alert "Message not delivered."

My iPhone 4S with iOS 7.0.2 is fine, and so is my iPhone 3GS with iOS 6. They both send and receive just fine. But I miss the convenience of typing on the iPad instead of the phone.

Dec 15, 2013 1:00 PM in response to innerserenity

I had a similar problem but I still received messages on iMessage, the problem with mine was the send button didn't work i.e. nothing happens when I press send. I don't even get the alert. So after viewing this discussion, I decided to try restarting my iPad by turning it off and on again as suggested by this page. http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1430

This resolved my problem and I guess that's why it's recommended to always restart a device after it has installed or updated anything.

iPad iMessage doesn't work with new iOS 7.02

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.