Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I stop iOS 7 from requesting a Facebook password?

I am getting a pup-up request for a Facebook password at least 5 times a day. I recently deleted my Facebook account, removed the Facebook app from all my devices, and switched Facebook off in the Settings of every app I could find Facebook integration in. It's a minor annoyance, but there's got to be a way to stop these requests from popping up.

iPhone 5s, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 30, 2013 2:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2013 8:34 AM

Hey rixter55,

Thanks for the question. Let's check your settings to make sure Facebook integration is disabled:

iOS: Using Facebook and Twitter accounts

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5500

Settings > Facebook > [tap on account name] > Delete Account

Thanks,

Matt M.

11 replies

Oct 2, 2013 10:29 AM in response to matt00

Matt,

Thanks for the reply. I had gone through every setting I could find with a Facebook option and made sure it was turned off. My mistake was deleting my Facebook account before deleting it from my Facebook Settings on the phone. There was no account name to select, so no password would allow me to delete it. I ended up having to create a new Facebook account, then delete that account from the phone, then disable the new dummy account with Facebook. A bit round-about, but it did the trick. I was able to delete my Facebook contacts, and successfully delete the Facebook account from the phone (and iPad). Haven't seen the pop-up password request since.

Again, thanks!

Rick

Nov 17, 2013 6:46 AM in response to rixter55

THIS HAS WORKED

Apple Support Communities

Re: IOS 7 Apple Settings Facebook Error

created by Pegboarder in Using iPad - View the full discussion

Go into settings/privacy/Facebook and disable the button.

Open your Facebook app and login.

Once logged in go back to that button and enable.

You may have to re-enter your password but the error will be gone.

Good luck.

Did this help? Go to the message, sign in, and reply

Start a new discussion in the same community

You are receiving this email from Apple Support Communities. You can change your email preferences in your Apple Support Communities Profile.

© 2013 Apple Inc. 1 Infinite Loop, MS 303-3DM, Cupertino, CA 95014.

All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy | Apple Support Communities Terms of Use | Apple Support

Dec 3, 2013 5:50 PM in response to rixter55

I have a similar problem. My granddaughter set herself up a Facebook account. Since she was a minor, it was deleted. However, she had set it up on my ipad 2. Now it is in my settings and since the account is defunct, it accepts no password. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the Facebook app. Now, if I try to post anything from the ipad to Facebook, it defaults to this account. Even worse, a window pops up occasionally asking me for a password for this account. A system restore won't work because it is in the backup. If it I just restore, everything I've saved and purchased apps will be gone. Any help is appreciated.

How do I stop iOS 7 from requesting a Facebook password?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.