Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote won't open presentations since ios7

Since updating my iPad 2 to iOS 7, several important keynote presentations will not open.

Gives me a message about changes on iPad not being updated bin iCloud... Ummm... What changes? This is the iPad they were created on.

Tried system reset... Nope.

Tried uninstall and reinstall Keynote. Nope.

Tried install on one of my other iPads. (My sons). That worked for the other iPad, but still not on this one (mine).

Same problem with Pages.

Really making me averse to the whole "Just store it in the cloud" concept.

I want an SD card to make copies of everything. Luckily, I have some time to figure out what to do about the inaccessible presentations.

Wishing I did not do the iOS update.

Posted on Sep 30, 2013 4:27 PM

4 replies

Oct 1, 2013 1:10 AM in response to Nursemrsmart

Updating the operating system on any device or computer with out direct knowledge of what the implications are is a dangerous thing to do.

Best practice is to never update an operating sytem or application unless there is a specific reason to do so, and then only untill you can test an update on a separate system so that you can verify all is well on every application, if you cant do that don't update.

Really making me averse to the whole "Just store it in the cloud" concept.

Cloud Storage should never be used as the primary source for accessing data.

Oct 1, 2013 5:38 PM in response to Gary Scotland

Cloud Storage is NOT the primary source for accessing Keynote. The problem is that the Keynote presentations stored locally are not accessible anymore. iPad looks like it is trying to resolve something with iCloud backups... but doesn't work. It will NOT let me access the locally stored files.

As for updating iOS... Apple should resolve issues with its own programs before putting updates out there.

Oct 2, 2013 2:39 AM in response to Nursemrsmart

iPad looks like it is trying to resolve something with iCloud backups... but doesn't work. It will NOT let me access the locally stored files.

As we are not iOS users in this forum, it would be best to post in that forum: iOS applications

Apple should resolve issues with its own programs before putting updates out there.

It is completely the owners responsibility and is in their own best interest, never to update with out first testing and new software.

Keynote won't open presentations since ios7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.