Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some videos not showing up on AppleTV from iMac's iTunes library

I have several videos in my iTunes library, some of which are digitized home videos I edited/rendered, others are AppleTV converted DVD's I own. For some reason, many of them are not showing up on my AppleTV when I go into "Computers" off the AppleTV main menu and select my iMac with the iTunes library of them. Some show up, but more and more do not. They are all properly formatted and done so using Compressor settings for AppleTV. No idea why some are not showing up.

If you look on the iMac with the library on it, they all show up fine. And if I try and play the video on my iMac but tell it to use AirPlay to play the video on the AppleTV, it plays just fine on the TV/AppleTV. I do have Home Sharing turned on for ALL my media and I also use iTunes Match service.

When I try and use my iPad to access videos under the "shared" option and select my iMac's iTunes library, I get the same incomplete list. So I am thinking it's the iTunes library that's sending out an incomplete list for some reason. No idea why.

I have tried drag-and-dropping the videos into the iTunes library as well as using the "Add to library" menu command, neither makes a difference.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Posted on Sep 30, 2013 4:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2013 5:09 PM

Take a look in 'Home Video'

2 replies

Some videos not showing up on AppleTV from iMac's iTunes library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.