Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keep iCloud storage free 5GB

Want to keep iCloud storage at the free 5GB, but when I select, DONE is grayed-out, can only CANCEL, then I'm back in the upgrade to 25 GB spot. Seems tricky, so I'm going to assume that my storage will stay the same. Is that right or should i assume that apple will charge the credit card i have on file?? Thx!

Posted on Sep 30, 2013 4:44 PM

5 replies

Sep 30, 2013 6:22 PM in response to lalah

lalah wrote:

what if all your mail disapears???😕

i upgraded the plan too late and now all my mail is gone..

According to Apple, it is only temporarily disabled, and will resume working when you purchase adequate storage (although it's unclear if there is a delay or not). From (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5527):

"If the storage you're using in iCloud exceeds the total storage available, iCloud Backup, Documents in the Cloud, and iCloud Mail will temporarily stop working. To resume using these features, you can either reduce the amount of iCloud storage that you're using, or purchase a storage plan with a larger amount of storage than you're currently using."

Keep iCloud storage free 5GB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.