Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to contact Mac Mail support? regarding IMAP outlook.com not deleting mails.

outlook.com recently introduced IMAP. When I set it up in my Mac Mail application, it worked fine except for when i deleted msgs on macmail, it did not delete them on web interface. i e, mails were not being deleted and put into deleted folder. Searched online forums and found out it's a general issue with outlook.com IMAP. Contacted outlook.com and found out it's not them. It's Mac Mail that has problems. Here is the reply I got. Anyone has any idea how to get support from Mac Mail developers? I'm using Mountain Lion 10.8.5 and Mac Mail 6.6 (1510)

Hi motasimmasood,

Welcome to the forum.

From what I understand, you are accessing your Outlook.com account using Mac Mail which is an email client. Apparently, messages that you deleted are still in your Inbox when you check the account through the web-based Outlook.com.

For better assistance, please get in touch with the Mac Mail support team to inform them of the issue and to know if there are any details that they can provide you as to why it is happening.

Let us know if you need help with other Microsoft services and we'll be more than happy to accommodate.

Thank you.

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Sep 30, 2013 5:36 PM

13 replies

Oct 1, 2013 1:05 PM in response to motasimmasood

motasimmasood wrote:

Thanks, but read it as well already. What about the mail I got from microsoft? they say it's the fault of client.

They got you off the phone fast then.

The problem is theirs, they have had press releases regarding the issue, and Apple Mail handles Imap accounts just fine (Apples own mail, iCloud, is an Imap system and works fine)

Don't let them pawn you off with that crock.

Oct 7, 2013 1:34 PM in response to Csound1

Hi Csound1,

Now something entirely differant is happening. Outlook.com IMAP does not synchornize deleted messages unless I quit mac mail. Yes! once I quit Mac Mail, it is all fine and deleted messages are synchronizing. I simply do not understand what happens on me quitting the Mac Mail? becuase I have not selected any option in mailbox behaviors with "quitting mail". Any ideas whose fault is it this time?

Many thanks,

How to contact Mac Mail support? regarding IMAP outlook.com not deleting mails.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.