Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5S, iOS7: Blue screen of death

Yes this really did just happen.

While using my iPhone 5S (64gb) casually as I usually do (the Facebook app) when suddenly, I got a bright light-blue screen for a few seconds and the phone rebooted!

I was like "this did NOT just happen!" LOL :-)

Anyone else experience this or know what the cause might be?

Thanks.

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Sep 30, 2013 9:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2013 9:07 PM

It happened to my wife's phone after a week later. It was keep rebooting and going thru a blue screen cycle. We had to take back to the carrier and they changed it. Ofcourse you could also go to the apple store and they will do the same for you. Since these phones has one year warranty.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2013 9:07 PM in response to Forrest

It happened to my wife's phone after a week later. It was keep rebooting and going thru a blue screen cycle. We had to take back to the carrier and they changed it. Ofcourse you could also go to the apple store and they will do the same for you. Since these phones has one year warranty.

Sep 30, 2013 11:19 PM in response to Forrest

We just got the replacement phone on Friday. We bought two phones the day it launched. So one of the phone had this issue. But the other one is working perfect. I think it has something to do with the OS or some apps could cause it. Since iOS 7 just launched and it could cause problems with iOS based apps. But still it's hard to tell at this early stage. But I don't think it's a hardware issue.

Oct 1, 2013 8:33 PM in response to JuliusK

I was using the latest Facebook App. Since this app has since crashed many times since updating it, I'm going to lean toward a software issue. Both with the App and with iOS7 in not allowing an app to crash the phone.

I may head to the Apple Store anyway and chat about it.

But thank you for sharing the info. I was incredulous to see "the blue screen of death" on an Apple product, I thought I had lost my mind :-)

Oct 1, 2013 11:33 PM in response to Forrest

I'm sure they will take care of the problem by replacing the phone. Try to restore from the iTunes, not from the wifi. And also if you had an iphone before you should choose the date before the iOS 7 was launched. So that way you'll avoid the bug. Facebook maybe not the issue here, since my wife's phone didn't have the Facebook at all. But her update was done over the wifi and I did mine on iTunes. And we both had iphone 5 before. So I choose the date (for restore) before the 18th :)

But now her phone works flawless. So yeah good luck to you.

Dec 9, 2013 3:15 PM in response to Forrest

I have this problem too.. it happenned first with the 3D App Seene, then it happened with Safari, and now it happenes randomly, with any App or a native App like Maps or Phone 🙂
The problem is the phone keeps rebooting forever then gives the blue screen again then reboots again and every now and then I interfere and hold the power and home buttons and it keeps rebooting.. then all of a sudden it starts.. a couple of times I gave up and just went to be and it works when I turn it on the next morning.

iPhone 5s, iOS 7

iPhone 5S, iOS7: Blue screen of death

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.