Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No power - Apple Cinema HD 30 (A1083)

Hello, I have a Apple cinema HD 30 (A1083). I have no power. I checked the power supply and it is good. I bought a main board from ebay. I still had the same problem so I returned it (minus a 15% restocking fee). I read somewhere that you have to have the usb cables plugged into the computer for it to work. Is this true? If so I may have returned the part I needed to make this monitor work. (just my luck) I bought this monitor for $25 used off craigslist. I am really excited to get this working. I have heard great things about how fantastic the dispay is. I am ready to do some gaming on it. I am an electronic technician but not so familar with this apple monitor. I figured I would turn to this forum to learn from some apple experts out there. Any imput would be wonderful in troubleshooting my problem.

thanks

Tommy

Apple Cinema HD 30 A1083-OTHER, Windows 7, No power.......help !!!!!!!

Posted on Sep 30, 2013 9:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2013 9:44 PM

The display should work with no USB connection. USB is needed for computer control of brightness, and for the USB ports on the back of the display, but is not needed for the basic display operation.

1 reply

No power - Apple Cinema HD 30 (A1083)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.