Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad won't update says not connected to Internet

My iPad won't update. It says I am not connected to the Internet even though I am connected!

iPad 2

Posted on Sep 30, 2013 9:10 PM

38 replies

May 31, 2017 2:16 PM in response to brianfromhayling island

Hi brianfromhayling island. If your iPad has an automatically downloaded update, you should find it in Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage > STORAGE Manage Storage. Note that this is the first Manage Storage. It lists the device storage used by all the apps. The update file should be pretty large, so it will be near the top of the list. Tap on it to get the delete option.

What model iPad do you have, and what's your current iOS version?

Jun 6, 2017 2:51 AM in response to Jdguddat

Hi Jdguddat. Yes. You can only install the current iOS version for the device, 10.3.2 in your case. The older version downloaded will not be verified by Apple. The message is misleading, since it assumes that verification failure must mean that the internet connection has failed. You need to delete the old download and check for updates again. If you're updating from a much older iOS version, you may need to use iTunes on a computer, particularly if storage is tight. What is your current iOS version, and how much free storage do you have after deleting the old download?

iPad won't update says not connected to Internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.