Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Unreadable Files"

Recently, I updated to the ios 7 update (very begrudgingly)... After the transition, about 3/4 of my photo and video files became "unreadable" by iPhoto.

I just received a "Unreadable Files - The following file could not be imported. The file is in an unrecognized format." However, the file it couldn't recognize was a .JPG file...

Help! What do I do? Is there any way to recover these photos. Every time I plug in the iPhone, it still shows that these files exist (but without a pic preview). User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 1, 2013 3:10 AM

13 replies

Oct 1, 2013 5:20 AM in response to Sploomis87

Well the test did work in that it gave us information.

There are two possibilities here: one is that the phone is he problem, the other is that the issue is with the Mac. Is there another Mac around that you can try sync with. If you can then it tells us the Mac is the issue. If you can't it tells us the Phone is the problem.

"Unreadable Files"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.