Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I purchased iCloud and I can't get back into it.

There is no icon and when I start Mail sometimes a message comes up saying that mail.me does not recognize me. Can someone help? Thanks....

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 1, 2013 6:16 AM

7 replies

Oct 3, 2013 5:09 AM in response to Csound1

Thanks for your reply -- "mail.me does not recognize your address...might be insecure"....or something like that. I am using OSX 10.6.8. I reloaded Mac OS X Snow Leopard yesterday and was able to recover my emails. Today's problem is that when I click on iDisk I get message saying it's not available. My concern was not being able to get into my Mail.

Oct 3, 2013 6:41 AM in response to Carmen201

You can't access iCloud using 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) you must upgrade to a minimum of 10.7.2 (Lion) but 10.8.5 (Mountain Lion) is preferred.

You can purchase the OSX upgrade from the App Store on the Apple menu.

mail.me is the wrong server and iDisk has not existed for more than a year.

I asked for the exact message, you gave me a 'something like that' so this information may be incorrect.

Oct 5, 2013 5:55 AM in response to Carmen201

Carmen201 wrote:

Thank you so much for your help. Yes, your information sounds right on the button! I do recall a techie at the Apple store telling me I needed to back up my system (I had lost about a thousand photos) and would need Leopard first then Mountain Lion in the long run.

Appreciate your help.

What?

You do not need Leopard, you already have Snow Leopard (from which you can upgrade to Mountain Lion)

And you should always back up.

I purchased iCloud and I can't get back into it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.