Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no badges for Reminders app (iOS 7.0.2)

This is with an iPhone 4 (32G), iOS 7.0.2.

I have the following set up in Settings:

• Reminders is under INCLUDE within Notification Center.
  • Alert style is Banners
  • Badge App Icon is on

Under previous versions of iOS, when I'd get a "Remind me on a day" notification, I'd see the badge on the Reminders app (with the count of how many such reminders had expired). The badge would remain until I marked the reminder as completed (or decrement the count). I rely on this for things which I can procrastinate a bit. 🙂

In 7.0.2, this isn't working. I still get my Banner and sound at the expiration time, and the reminder stills shows up as incomplete (the text for the expiration time shows up in purple), but no badge on the app icon.

Any ideas?

iPhone 4, iOS 7

Posted on Oct 1, 2013 6:29 AM

6 replies

Oct 1, 2013 6:51 AM in response to jjkraw

I've done a bit of poking around and I found this thread on macrumors.com. It refers to iOS 6.x.x, but as I said, I didn't have the problem until 7.

Anyway, if I pull down Notification Center, select the All tab, and touch the reminder, the Reminders app opens and when I hit the home button - poof - I have the badge.

Definitely seems like a bug, but at least I have a workaround.

Dec 20, 2013 4:20 PM in response to jjkraw

I have a similiar but slightly different problem. My badge won't go away in iCloud unless I "activate" it. This affects both Calendar and Reminders apps and only in iCloud. When I first log in, if I have no reminders I get this odd default # of calendar alerts and reminders. If I create an event that sets off an alert, the badge for the calendar will reset to 0 like its supposed to. If I do the same with a reminder, then the badge for the Reminders will reset to 0 like its supposed to.

Really, really annoying for apps that I use constantly. Unfortunately there's not really a good, simple replacement that doesn't require some other cloud service. Also, I do have one shared calendar and one shared reminder list.

no badges for Reminders app (iOS 7.0.2)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.