Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I back up Contacts from iPhone to PC

I am under the impression (perhaps mistaken) that the Contacts on my iPhone can be backed up onto my Windows 7 Home Premium PC so as to appear in the Contacts Folder.

How do I do this?

I have tried going through the procedure of launching iTunes (11.1.0.126) connecting my iPhone 4 (iOS 7.0.2) clicking the iPhone button and in the window that opens below selecting back up to this computer. That ran through apparently OK, but the Contacts from my iPhone were not transferred to the Contacts Folder on my PC.

Can this be done?

If so how?

I have backed up to iCloud but also would like to back up my Contacts to my PC.

iPhone 4, Windows 7, Home Premium (32bit) + sp1

Posted on Oct 1, 2013 7:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2013 7:30 AM

Backing up your iPhone to your PC includes the phone's contacts. I don't remember the path (on a Mac) where the back files reside but you won't see your phone Contacts in your PC's Contacts folder. The path on a Mac is the the user Library (<user>/Library/Application Support/Mobile Sync/Backup). I don't know the PC path.

24 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2013 7:30 AM in response to wendy_is

Backing up your iPhone to your PC includes the phone's contacts. I don't remember the path (on a Mac) where the back files reside but you won't see your phone Contacts in your PC's Contacts folder. The path on a Mac is the the user Library (<user>/Library/Application Support/Mobile Sync/Backup). I don't know the PC path.

Nov 5, 2013 7:54 PM in response to wjosten

wjosten wrote:

You need to sync your contacts if you want that to happen. Read here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1296

You can extract your contacts from the iTunes backup when you lost your iPhone. iTunes can automatically back up iPhone contacts and update it every time when you sync it. So you really have a big chance to recover contacts from iTunes backup.

If you don't synced, you can directly scan and recover deleted contacts from your iPhone.

Jul 24, 2014 12:23 AM in response to wendy_is

Exporting Contacts to Gmail

A quick and simple way to have a backup of your contacts on the web is to export them to Gmail. For that, you can use iTunes. Select "Info," "Sync Contacts With," “Google Contacts.” After you click “Configure,” add your Google username and password and click "Apply," your contacts are exported directly to your Gmail account.

Otherwise, you can try some tool, how to backup iphone 5s contact to windows computer ?

Sep 17, 2014 12:19 AM in response to wendy_is

User uploaded file

If she uses a computer to log into her iCloud account, she can export her contacts as a vCard file, which can then be imported into your iCloud account (when logged into iCloud via a computer, click on Contacts then look for the "gear" at the lower-left corner). She can also do a similar thing from her GMail account, but if you want to import to your iCloud make sure she exports as vCard since that's all iCloud can read.

There are also apps that export your contacts in a variety of formats and I think it then sends the exported file as an e-mail attachment. That might be the easiest process, assuming that you both have the same app or at least compatible apps that can export/import the same file type.

Another solution is try extracta contats from your iPhone backp, just backp your iPhone to iTunes, then extact contacts, messages from your iPhone to computer, this is the article: How to extract iPhone data from iTunes backup file

How do I back up Contacts from iPhone to PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.