Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my mailboxes on my Mac are freaking out, I cannot shut them and they just keep the little wheel spinning. I am able to access my Yahoo and Gmail accounts via web browser but the mail system seems to be frozen.

I am having difficulty with my mail function on my MacBook Pro. The mail function is not shutting down and continues to try and access the mail accounts that I have set up in Yahoo and Gmail. Now I am unable to close the application. I forced a close last night when I powered down.

I can access my Gmail and Yahoo through web browsers.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Oct 1, 2013 7:52 AM

1 reply

Oct 3, 2013 7:33 AM in response to OP8

Hello OP8,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

For more information on this, take a look at:

Mac OS X: How to quit an unresponsive application using Force Quit

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3411

To force quit an application, choose Force Quit from the Apple menu (or press Command-Option-Esc), then choose the unresponsive application in the Force Quit window, and click Force Quit.

Best of luck,

Mario

my mailboxes on my Mac are freaking out, I cannot shut them and they just keep the little wheel spinning. I am able to access my Yahoo and Gmail accounts via web browser but the mail system seems to be frozen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.