Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't send e-mail after updating to ios 7.0.2

I upgraded my iphone 5 to IOS 7.0.2 and now I can't send e-mail. I can receive e-mail, but can't send. E-mails I try to send are in the outbox, and it says "Unable to send e-mail.....please go to Mail Account settings and enter a password". I've checked my mail account settings and re-entered my password, but it still won't send. I've tried rebooting, no help. Please reply with any ideas - Thanks

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 1, 2013 7:36 AM

4 replies

Oct 3, 2013 4:35 PM in response to ed22222

Ok. Just got off the phone with Applecare. We finally figured out what my problem was. Before iCloud, I had a .mac account. So, my phone had two email accounts, 1. iCloud 2. mac.com accounts. Applecare had me delete completely both accounts from my phone, leaving no mail accounts at all. Then I added a new iCloud account. Put in my email address and password, then everything worked from there. Sounds simple. Good luck to the rest of you. Hope it's the same fix. And a big "thank you" to Xavier at Applecare.

can't send e-mail after updating to ios 7.0.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.