Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Enable Port Mapping on my AirPort Express? - Screens Connect

Hi, everyone. I recently purchased a VNC app called Screens 3 and downloaded its desktop assistant, Screens Connect. The process was pretty straightforward and I was easily able to connect my iPhone and iPad to my MacBook Air over my local Wi-Fi. However, I am still unable to connect to my MacBook over LTE or any other Wi-Fi. Here's a look at what the Screens Connect preference panel looks like: User uploaded file

As you can see there aren't a whole lot of options, but Port Mapping is apparently a no-go. I'm guessing this is the resaon I can't connect over anything other than my local Wi-Fi. If anyone here could help me turn that red into a green, I'd be forever grateful. Thanks!

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Oct 1, 2013 8:05 AM

1 reply

Oct 1, 2013 8:58 AM in response to Jacob Kaufman

The instructions for enabling port mapping are pretty straightforward, but it never seems to make any difference. If it helps, I am technically living in a college dorm, and have my AirPort Express plugged directy into the wall's ethernet port. I'm assuming, using bridge-mode and all, that I actually have two routers, and the university's router is the one that I need to enable port mapping on. If I'm correct, is there a way to enable port mapping on my side without having to go through my university? Again, this is just conjecture. But the steps are fairly simple, so I'm not sure what else it could be.

How to Enable Port Mapping on my AirPort Express? - Screens Connect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.