Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook don't boot after disk repair from recovery

Hi,

a few hour ago for a very little problem with finder (view previous discussion) and just for a curiosity i've checked my disk with disk utility and i've found some errors on the main disk. When repair is finished i see a message that say that is necessary to boot in recovery mode for completely repair my disk.

I booted from usb installation of mountain lion and select disk utility, check disk, start to repair it and at the end i see a message that say the disk can't be repaired and is important to make a backup of content, initialize it and reinstall OS on it but when i restart my mac, this will not boot anytime. I see an horizontal progress bar (moooore slow) and after complete the progress bar i see the circle spinner turning but don't start (also after 30min).

What can i try for solve this problem???

MacBook, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Oct 1, 2013 8:10 AM

3 replies

Oct 1, 2013 10:17 AM in response to GimmyPetrini

A long shot, but try to boot into the Safe Mode. If you can get it to boot make some sort of backup either with Time Machine or a clone. Then do as Brandon suggested.

Safe Mode

Safe Mode - About

Clone - Carbon Copy Cloner (Often recommended as it has more features than some others)

Clone – Data Backup

Clone – Deja Vu

Clone - SuperDuper

Clone - Synk

Clone Software – 6 Applications Tested

MacBook don't boot after disk repair from recovery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.