Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot create Smart Playlist for tracks to upgrade using iTunes Match

I just subscribed to iTunes Match and am trying to use a Smart Playlist to identify the tracks that can be upgraded following the instructions in this article:

http://www.macworld.com/article/1163620/how_to_upgrade_tracks_to_itunes_match_fa st.html

When I try to create the smart playlist, I get "This smart playlist contains one or more conditions which are empty or conflict with each other. This will result in never matching a song. Are you sure you want to save this playlist?". I've narrowed it down to the iCloud Status settings. I can create a playlist with either Matched or Purchased; however, I get the message above when specifying both. Any ideas?

Posted on Oct 1, 2013 8:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2013 10:42 AM

tcalvin1970 wrote:

I've narrowed it down to the iCloud Status settings. I can create a playlist with either Matched or Purchased; however, I get the message above when specifying both. Any ideas?

You need to make sure the rule for these 2 is Match Any, not Match all.

1 reply

cannot create Smart Playlist for tracks to upgrade using iTunes Match

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.