Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why is my keynote crashing when i try to view in the light table?

My Keynote presentation crashes when I try to view it in the light table view, and the whole system has to be restarted. The file is not huge, only 54 slides, mostly graphics and video plus a little bit of text. It is under 1GB in size, which I can usually manage without issue. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Does anyone know of a solution or a workaround? I'd be so grateful for any help. Thanks!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Keynote '09 5.1.1

Posted on Oct 1, 2013 9:15 AM

2 replies

Oct 1, 2013 12:39 PM in response to benayk

Try this maintenance routine which has solved quite a few issues:

Close all applications

Uninstall Keynote; this must be done with an application remover tool to delete the installation properly. Appcleaner is known to work correctly for this purpose, it is free and can be downloaded from here: Appcleaner Download

empty the trash

shutdown the Mac and restart. After the start up chime, hold down the shift key until the apple logo appears

let the Mac complete the start up procedure completely, it will take longer than usual as the hard drive is being repaired

go to; Applications > Utilities > Disc Utility > First Aid > Repair Disc Permissions

when this is completed restart the Mac normally

Reinstall Keynote using the original discs or logging into the Mac App Store and installing from there.

Post back to let others know if this helped

why is my keynote crashing when i try to view in the light table?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.