Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What screw driver is used to unscrew MacBook Pro screws

I just got a new 13" MacBook Pro with all standard parts. I'm a mobile DJ and will eventually need more hard drive space and RAM. I know how to upgrade both and found upgrades for it, but I would like to have the proper tools to do this. I need the tools to remove the back panel, and the screws from the hard drive and need to know what those tools are and the sizes. A link would be very helpful.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Oct 1, 2013 9:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2013 9:35 AM

Visit OWC where you can purchase a suitable toolkit for the job.

3 replies

Oct 1, 2013 9:44 AM in response to Kappy

Thanks! I also checked out the available upgrades for Mac. Crucial Memory has the same 960GB SSD for half the price. And the 16GB RAM modules are like $20 cheaper. But how's the quality of OWC? I've ordered an 8GB RAM module for my last laptop (Dell Inspiron) before I got rid of it and it was from Crucial. Worked a lot better than what Dell probably had.

Oct 1, 2013 10:04 AM in response to Look-at-menow

They are very reliable. I have used many of their products including memory, hard drives, SSDs, and toolkits. I have no complaints.

As far as memory is concerned, the brand is not very important as an indicator of quality. Most all sources are reliable especially if they are sold as Mac memory. In addition to OWC, I have relied on DataMem for my memory.

What screw driver is used to unscrew MacBook Pro screws

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.