Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost my iPhone in the toilet, touchscreen doesn't respond. What to do?

So i managed to drop my iPhone in the toilet..

Worked for a few moments, but then the touchscreen stopped responding, which lead to not being able to turn it off. The power button was half jammed from earlier that week, and in the desperation of flickin and clickin it got stuck. It later turned off due to empty battery.

It was a stessful day, and i only had time to put it in my pocket rolled inside some tissues and hope for the best.

Before bedtime i put it in a drying room. It was there till around 9am next morning. I had to turn it on (via charging it) because my train ticket was only available on the phones app. The phone turned on normally and wasnt icy cold or too hot, the push notifications popped up on the screen and the screen was lit up as it should. The only problem was (and still is) that the screen isn't responding to any touch. Siri is working and can do some tasks, but as you'll understand i need the screen aswell.

This occured 2 days ago, and the screen isn't functioning yet. The phone is dry like a desert, and everything else is as it should.

Any suggestions?

iPhone 4S, iOS 7, Broken backside,missing glasspieces

Posted on Oct 1, 2013 10:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2013 10:46 AM

Probably Your Touch screen input is damaged. Visit nearest apple service centre and replace it.

2 replies

Lost my iPhone in the toilet, touchscreen doesn't respond. What to do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.