Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 7 - Missing Calls

I have noticed a recent problem after my upgrade to ios7. I use Do Not Disturb at night, then I manually shut it off in the morning via the control center. Recently I noticed that people stated they have called me while Do Not Disturb was activated but I do not see any missed calls. Usually if I try to make a call my first call says "failed" and if I try again it goes through and after that call is finished I will receive voicemail notifications from people that left voicemail prior to this call, I show no missed calls from these numbers and they often tell me they called me multiple times (which should have allowed the call through Do Not Disturb - I have repeat calls enabled). Has anyone else noticed this behavior or found a fix for it? Thank you.

iPhone 5, iOS 7

Posted on Oct 1, 2013 9:45 AM

9 replies

Oct 10, 2013 2:47 PM in response to dpj912

I DON'T use DND. same problem.

Calls go right to voicemail without the phone even ringing.

Worse, I don't see or receive any notification of the voicemail unless I happen to use my phone to call someone, and it could be hours later!!!

No missed call notifications, either.

NOT GOOD!!!

I just had my iPhone 5 replaced for an unrelated problem and then I upgraded to iOS 7.

I'm guessing it's the iOS, not the phone.

Oct 10, 2013 9:56 PM in response to dpj912

I don't know about this, so I just tried it.

iPhone5, iOS7.0.2, carrier = at&t,

region: Northern Illinois

I set up DND, allow calls from no one, repeat calls turned off. No calls can ring the phone now.

As soon as I hear the voice mail prompt on the calling phone, I can see a red badge pop up on the phone app. I called a 2nd time, got to voicemail, and the badge incremented.

Also, there are flavors to DND. You can set it to be:

Silence always or Silence only while iphone is locked.

(So when you're having quality time with family, it won't ring. But when you're using the phone, it'll still ring.)

Repeated calls can be turned on or off.

Allow Calls from --> you can set to Everyone, No one, or Favorites.

With these variations, you can setup who can make the call through even if DND is up.

With regards to no voice mail notifications while DND is active, er...this will be a little tough.

Whenever there are messages waiting, the phone company is supposed to send a signal, called MWI (message waiting indicator). This is not a new feature, it's been there since land lines.

However, when I used to have a certain company's land line service, its MWI would often times show up late! How late? Really late, such as message left during the day, I saw the message LED light up in the evening.

But if your voicemail indicator on your iphone had shown up on time prior to ios7, and is only showing delay after the upgrade, then it'll be tough to figure out where the delay is. Maybe my part of town is kind of lightly populated so the message servers aren't that busy?

Oct 11, 2013 7:25 AM in response to MacinNW_Brent

Hi MacinNW_Brent,

I think user dpj912 isn't having incoming calls going directly to voicemail problem. He wanted those calls to go to vm, because he had turned on DoNotDisturb. He's reporting that his iphone's not getting the vm notifications until he tries to use the iphone later on.

I tried to duplicate it but my iphone gets an immediate voicemail notification (badge shows # of vm in small red circle).

But the reset network settings is a good solution for many strange network related issues.

Oct 11, 2013 7:44 AM in response to dpj912

I have an iPhone 5, running iOS 7.0.2 (NE-IL AT&T carrier). I use DND nightly, with allowing repeat callers, and allowing friends to rng the phone. My DND hours are 11:00pm-4:30am. My iPhone rang several times yesterday and I answered and talked to the callers. I even had a couple calls I let go to VM and the missed call indicator & the VM indicator also appeared on the phone screen.

I don't receive many calls when DND is active, but I just manually turned DND on and tested. With the screen locked, my call went straight to VM and the screen never lit up. After I hung up, I hit the home button and the screen lit up to show the missed call and new voice mail. This seems to be working exactly as I would expect for DND.

iOS 7 - Missing Calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.