Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Im trying to restore my imac as im selling it. Ive followed advice from the internet where when you start it hold down on 'alt' until 2 disks appear but this never happens. I went into Disk Utlity to earse but the earse button is shaded out so it wont let

Im trying to restore my imac as im selling it. Ive followed advice from the internet where when you start it hold down on 'alt' until 2 disks appear but this never happens. I went into Disk Utlity to earse but the earse button is shaded out so it wont let

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 1, 2013 10:24 AM

4 replies

Oct 1, 2013 12:40 PM in response to paulusuk79

What OSX was installed when you purchased your Mac? Even though it was installed you should have received the install disk(s) as the Utilities are on those.

If you do not have the install disk you can try contacting Apple and see if they can supply one,(explain you never received at purchase) you will need the build info of your machine, which can be found by clicking the Apple logo in the menu bar>About This Mac>More Info, and it should be in the first window under hardware overview. Model Identifier.

Customer Support:

800-767-2275

Erase instructions

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3910

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.