Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo Stream STOPPED on desktop; OK on other devices

My Desktop Mac stopped adding photos in its Photo Stream a couple days (weeks?) back even as my other devices (iPhone, iPad, etc.) are updating their Photo Streams just fine.

I turned OFF iCloud in System Preferences, and turned OFF Photo Stream in iPhoto; rebooted; and reactivated both to no avail.

In my photostreams window, I can see the names of shared Photo Streams that were there previously, but they are all empty.

Any ideas?

(This article does NOT address my problem:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3989)

iPhoto '11, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Oct 1, 2013 10:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2013 11:11 AM

Shut iCloud and PS down - reboot your Mac and turn them back on

There are trouble shooting hints in this article - http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4379?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

LN

17 replies

Oct 1, 2013 12:11 PM in response to LarryHN

My first inclination was to point out that I already "turned OFF iCloud in System Preferences, and turned OFF Photo Stream in iPhoto; rebooted; and reactivated both to no avail," as pointed out in my post.

BUT, having worked with Macs for so long, I knew not to jump to conclusions so soon. So, I did the exact same thing AGAIN as per your advice, and I'm now watching my SHARED Photo Streams become populated.

As I type this, my MAIN Photo Stream remains empty. I took a sample photo, and it appears on my iOS Photo Streams.

So - very strange. "My Photo Stream" remains the only "unpopulated" stream. I'll give it some more time - - perhaps it takes a while to get "reconnected."

Oct 2, 2013 3:07 PM in response to John Michlig

I have been on the phone for 3 days with Level 2 people for the same problem with my new 5S......they have now escallated it to engineering......so frustrating....all worked well with my 4S. So, now with my 5S, only shared albums populate, photostream does not stream or populate to my computer!!! I've done all of the "fixes" (deleting iCloud, reinstalling, rebooting, etc., etc., etc.). Photostream works ipad to iphone, iphone to ipad. SO FRUSTRATING!!!! I have spent hours on the phone with Level 2 people. Finally last night they decided to send it to the engineers. Nice to see your post----nice only because I'm not alone....but in general: UGLY!!!!

Oct 2, 2013 5:09 PM in response to TCB64

OMG! 3 photos showed up on Photostream....that's 3 more than I had before....maybe it will work this time....I hope so....when the shared files reloaded, it opened duplicate folders. time will tell if any other pics will sync....time will tell....At least I have a little hope. Will check in an hour or so.

Oct 7, 2013 1:16 PM in response to LarryHN

Update: My situation has been escallated to Engineering. I have several Level 2 Techs working on this....they have not seen this issue before. The thread discussion helps because it shows that I am not alone with this issue. The only time the Pinwheel Photostream seems to load is if I shut down iCloud, my iPhone, my iPad, then reboot, open phone, open ipad, open iCloud...but the # of photos populated in the pinwheel (and then on the C Drive of my PC) varies---and, new photos don't load for at least a day or more....I still have many pics from Sat that have not loaded. Photos populate in a random order....not in the order they are taken. Additionally, shared photstream is acting crazy also...on my C drive the pics load in a copy file (i.e., name of file_1), then disappear when iCloud closes....yet the original shared photo albums on my C drive retain their pics..... The Level 2 techs think the problem is with BONJOUR, the program that allows the photostream pics to load onto the computer. Apparently, from searching my computer, error messages started Oct 10, even though the photos populated on my C drive without a problem. I only noticed this problem when I got my iPhone 5S. BTW, a wonderful Level 2 Tech, patiently had me delete and reinstall at least 4 Apple programs (including Bonjour & iTunes) --- but it didn't change anything. Very Frustrating!!!!!

Photo Stream STOPPED on desktop; OK on other devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.