Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes radio station stuck on a song

I've set up an iTunes radio station for classic ska music. The station has played 18 songs, and is now stuck on the 18th song. Every time I play the station, it reloads and plays that song, then stops. I can't forward past the song. No way (that I can see) to get past that song, and on to another one. The other 3 staations that I have play fine, new songs load up and play without issue. Any ideas or suggestions as to how I should proceed?

Safari-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Oct 1, 2013 10:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2013 8:52 AM

I'm having the same problem, and even deleting and re-creating the station doesn't help. In fact, as long as I re-create the station with the same first seed artist, it plays that same sticking song (Sarah Brightman's "Deliver Me", in the event) second and promptly stops again.

Another "symptom" is that, when I try to re-create the station, it will play the first song over and over until I hit skip. In the history, two entries then appear, one with the station title and one with the actual song title and artist.

In a particularly bizarre twist, when I try to add any of the seed artists in a different order than I did when first creating the station, I can't. They just won't be added, after the first seed.

It looks like there's some glitch in iCloud that's failing to actually delete the corrupted station file so I can't reboot the music-picking process for the station by re-creating it. And as far as I can see so far, there isn't even a local copy of that file for me to delete.

Creating a new station with a seed that I didn't use for the corrupted station seems to work, and I can add the seeds from the corrupted station to the new one then. But that will only work as a re-set so many times before I run out of seed artists that are reasonably close to what I want. Get with the program, Apple, and stop releasing software that's barely out of alpha testing. This is in no way persuading me to trust your upcoming releases anywhere near my hardware.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2013 8:52 AM in response to Roman Lewyckyj

I'm having the same problem, and even deleting and re-creating the station doesn't help. In fact, as long as I re-create the station with the same first seed artist, it plays that same sticking song (Sarah Brightman's "Deliver Me", in the event) second and promptly stops again.

Another "symptom" is that, when I try to re-create the station, it will play the first song over and over until I hit skip. In the history, two entries then appear, one with the station title and one with the actual song title and artist.

In a particularly bizarre twist, when I try to add any of the seed artists in a different order than I did when first creating the station, I can't. They just won't be added, after the first seed.

It looks like there's some glitch in iCloud that's failing to actually delete the corrupted station file so I can't reboot the music-picking process for the station by re-creating it. And as far as I can see so far, there isn't even a local copy of that file for me to delete.

Creating a new station with a seed that I didn't use for the corrupted station seems to work, and I can add the seeds from the corrupted station to the new one then. But that will only work as a re-set so many times before I run out of seed artists that are reasonably close to what I want. Get with the program, Apple, and stop releasing software that's barely out of alpha testing. This is in no way persuading me to trust your upcoming releases anywhere near my hardware.

Feb 4, 2014 1:34 PM in response to Roman Lewyckyj

The way iTunes works, it will play a series of songs, and depending on how popular the type of music related to the station, the longer the playlist will be.

Stations from an artist with just a couple albums will play shorter lists before stopping.

The station can be played again, after a certain time, which I haven't been able to find out yet. I think you probably have to leave it alone for 12 or 24 hrs., before trying it again, but I'm not sure if attemting to play the sation before that time will extend the wait time or not.

- Sam

iTunes radio station stuck on a song

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.