Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 7 will not let me delete text messages

Hey guys so I having a problem delete text from my Iphone 5 which has IOS 7.0.2 on it. I would like to be able to delete full conversations from my messages however when I do it does not delete them or if it does when I click on another set of messages from another contact it takes a while for it to come up and when it does it just displays the last text or imessage from that conversation. I have tried the the reset but not the restore just wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing this problem or had any feedback about it.

The other issue I am experiencing is with spell check, it shows me the red line when I miss spell a word but as soon as I type the next word the redline disappears. Is this normal or is there a way to make it where the red line will stay there because I normally type out my whole message and then go back and fix the misspelled words.

Any help on one or both of these issues would be gratefully appreciated thanks.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.2, 16 GB

Posted on Oct 1, 2013 11:13 AM

4 replies

Jan 30, 2014 6:15 PM in response to jwl126

i also have this problem, my phone is full of text messages for the last 6 months and i can not get rid of them. If i delete full conversations then i cannot send any outgoing messages to anyone at all, even the conversations i did not delete. I have to turn my phone off and back on to be able to send messages again but then the conversations i deleted are all back.

Feb 25, 2014 8:30 AM in response to jwl126

Alright guys I think I found a way to do it, just takes some time. If you open up one of your conversations and then hold your finger down on any of the messages you will see the option, click on that. Then you will see at the top left corner that says delete all and you should be able to clear out a whole conversation. If will take a little time for them to open up so just be patient with it.

IOS 7 will not let me delete text messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.