Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am using Microsoft Mail on my PC with Windows 8. My me.com mail account will not send out mail. Is anyone else having this problem?

My me.com email account has stopped sending as of the end of September 2013 . It still receives email, but I cannot reply from my Microsoft Mail account in Windows 8. I can go to the website and use the Cloud, but this is inconvenient when I have numerous email accounts that I monitor.

Did Apple change something? I have rechecked and tried changing my settings in the account, but to no success.

Please help.

Thank you.

Windows 8

Posted on Oct 1, 2013 12:57 PM

8 replies

Oct 1, 2013 4:02 PM in response to Grandma Linda 101

Were you a former MobileMe customer before upgrading to iCloud? Apple announced that it's no longer giving complimentary storage upgrade to former MobileMe customers so your account reverts back to 5GB. If you are over your 5GB iCloud storage limit as of 9/30, iCloud Mail will stop working for you unless you manage your iCloud storage and bring it down to 5GB or pay for the extra storage you are using.

HT5527 - iCloud: Complimentary storage upgrades for former MobileMe members expired on September 30, 2013

Oct 1, 2013 4:40 PM in response to tqn_sifue

I've had MobileMe and whatever it was before that. I've had my apple account for over 10 years now.

As for the iCloud storage issue I received an email that I was being reverted back to the 5gb limit and in the email it told me that my current usage is zero (I don't store any of my stuff in iCloud).

I did finally after repeated attempts get it to work but it's a little hit a miss but not giving me the errors as it did before when I changed the smtp server as many have suggested. Going to try it for a little while and see what happens.

Oct 2, 2013 4:21 AM in response to JDJThompson

Hi JDJ

I have been unable to send emails from Entourage for a couple of days. I have just realised that this is after the "change" so is probably linked. I get the following message: The server for account "xxxxxxxxx" returned the error "5.7.8 Bad username or password.

I was sending that from the Apple notification page and then came here to find your solution. I have tried it and it works. The question is, how does Apple expect everyone using their email service to know or find out about these things? It's alright for those of us who use the Discussion pages but there must be at least thousands around the World who are unable to send emails and have no idea what to do.

Thanks for the info by the way!!

TY

I am using Microsoft Mail on my PC with Windows 8. My me.com mail account will not send out mail. Is anyone else having this problem?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.