Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCP X Audio Drop-Out or Audio Gap on Timeline.

Hello fellow FCPX-ers.

I am posting this thread on a few forums as I have encountered a very weird issue taking place.

Trying to figure out if the issue I am encountering is a bug/glitch or a technical issue.

This has consistently occurred in three different projects now all shot at different times. The audio has been fine on the camera during the recording process and has been fine in it’s RAW NATIVE SOURCE.

THE ISSUE

For some reason my audio keeps dropping out on my timeline and it is creating audio skips/clicks making it impossible to export proper audio or fix the gaps on the timeline.

Screenshots are attached to this thread for a visualization example.

I have followed the process and finished troubleshooting with it all the way to FCP X.

Thus, I am able to pinpoint that whatever is going on is a FCP X issue

The audio is fine until it reaches the FCP X timeline.

I have tested the RAW FILE in VLC player and there is no audio drop-outs

I have also tested the video file in Sony Vegas Video and the audio is fine.

The Digital Workflow:

It start’s off as a .M2T file which is then run through Clipwrap 2.6.4 as a (rewrap as source format) and then eventually makes it into FCP X and is placed on the appropriate timeline.

I have had this same error for three different projects now. It has occurred both when using the NATIVE VIDEO FORMAT and when trying to use the (rewrap 1920 x 1080 format)

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

reggie-User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Posted on Oct 1, 2013 12:58 PM

2 replies

Oct 1, 2013 1:49 PM in response to reggiebraydon

You don't say what your audio settings are for Clipwrap. If you're exporting mp3/AAC or other player format, then FCPX is probably having problems dealing with those formats.

You might try selecting your audio (or related video) tracks and rendering (Control-R) and see if that fixes the dropouts. You can also try selecting the clips in the Event Browser, right-clicking and selecting Transcode from the popup (if the options are available.)

The "native" FCPX audio format is WAV( ! ) AIF/AIFF and CAF will work just as well. The transcode options should be PCM (or LPCM,) 24 bits/sample and 48kHz sample rate (or "better" - but the sample rate should match your project settings.) If you have control over these options in Clipwrap, you should set them accordingly.

FCP X Audio Drop-Out or Audio Gap on Timeline.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.