Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bottom regions of piano keys play after a short delay when pressed

After I updated to iOS 7, when I play the piano, the lower most region of the piano keys don't play immediately. There is a short delay before the note is played. Moreover, the 'key press' animation is not visible although the note plays after some delay. This is a little annoying because while playing, the fingers can be at any region and the bottom part of the keys do not play properly. Also, GarageBand has become a little unresponsive, especially the pianos. This did not happen before the iOS update.

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 1, 2013 1:58 PM

8 replies

Nov 5, 2013 12:21 AM in response to Pat n.tain

If you turn off multitasking gestures and control center access from within apps, it will solve the problem. I tried turning off each feature and see how that affects GarageBand and found out both of the above features need to be switched off. Apple should add toggles in GarageBand settings to automatically disable these features when the app is launched and turn them back on when the app is closed.

Bottom regions of piano keys play after a short delay when pressed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.