Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture to My Publisher?

I want to make a photo book with My Publisher because of their lay flat pages. Having trouble exporting files to their site to get started! From Aperture I created a desktop file and tried to load it to My Publisher but unsuccessful. Any ideas? Thx.

Aperture 3

Posted on Oct 1, 2013 1:55 PM

2 replies

Jun 10, 2014 11:34 AM in response to Kansas80

I use the "hard way" to convert Aperture books to MyPublisher. Books are the same dimensions (MyPubliser actually prints Aperture books, albeit with different everything). Simply make your book in Aperture – this way you have a PDF that can be optimized for iPad, can test print at home, etc. Then transfer everything over using the same images, text, everything. Text holds format using copy/paste. Images are a little bit of a problem – where you need borders you will have to add them first. And sizing is a nightmare – Aperture gives you the sizes, then you have to use a ruler on your display to set the picture box sizes in MyPublisher before placing.

You will notice a couple of differences: Apple books are best viewed in bright interior light. MyPublisher books seem to want to not wash out in direct sun – I think they are too dark. I like to bulk-set the Aperture images 1/4 to 1/2 stop lighter when using them in MyPublisher, scenics especially are simply too dark otherwise.

In MyPublisher, be sure to wait for a half price special.

Aperture to My Publisher?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.