Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Current iMac G5 running OS X 10.4.11 - comcast says they cannot support and I need to upgrade, what are my options?

Comcast says they no longer can provide tech support because my system is to old. Can I upgrade my OS to OS X Mountain Lion? (iMac G5 PowerPC 2Ghz CPU 512mb ram) only use for email and light internet, want to run flash player.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.4.11), Software update

Posted on Oct 1, 2013 2:34 PM

3 replies

Oct 2, 2013 9:11 AM in response to jkapis

You can try to contact Apple in order to get OS X 10.5 Leopard from Apple assuming they still have copies.

Apple Store Customer Service at 1-800-676-2775

These discs will be replacement OS install discs.

You will need to give the rep your Mac model and serial number and you'll, also, need a credit card as there is a nominal fee of around $18 for processing and shipping of the disc.

If Apple no longer has a supply of these discs, then you will have to do what others have suggested.

Good Luck!

Current iMac G5 running OS X 10.4.11 - comcast says they cannot support and I need to upgrade, what are my options?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.