Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SSD noise

My Macbook Pro 13 inch with retina display recently makes serious noise at night. It sounds very similar to typical hard disk noise.

I only bought this book for half a year and barely did nothing intensive with it.

I heard that SSD should never make noises and is very durable.

This is really annoying me.

How am I supposed to do with this problem.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Oct 1, 2013 3:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2013 3:18 PM

The only noise maker in your retina MBP is the fan. Is the unit sleeping or turned off?

Take the MBP to an Apple store for a diagnosis under your warranty provisions. If this is an intermittent phenomenon, it may be difficult to find the reason.

Ciao.

9 replies

Apr 26, 2014 6:31 PM in response to PlotinusVeritas

I think I have the same exact thing going on my rMBP. A kind of buzzing when moving large files. I can only hear it in a very quiet room and placing my ear close to the keyboard. By the location ( the noise seems to come from beneath the N and M keys) it could be the SSD, but everybody says SSDs don't make noises. I don't know if it is a problem or is just a normal noise.

SSD noise

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.