Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ExpressCard 34 SSD Gone

Hi,

Does anyone have a suggestion how to get an ExpressCard 34 Solid State Drive to show back up on a Macbook Pro?

I have a MacBook Pro, 17" running OS X 10.8.5

with a Wintec FileMate 128GB ExpressCard 34 Solid State Drive which is about a month old and been great until now.

The ExpressCard 34 SSD just disappeared from my desktop, finder and disk utility.

Restarting the laptop did not bring it back. The card is still firmly attached in the ExpressCard 34 slot.

Is there anything I can do to get it to mount again?

much appreciated!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Oct 1, 2013 4:36 PM

1 reply

Oct 1, 2013 4:44 PM in response to omaether

One of the great features of the 17 " MBP, the Express Card 34 slot.

One of two things, the SSD is faulty or the slot connection has failed. Do you have another Express Card device such as an eSata connector to test the slot. By the same token, can you test the SSD on another MBP or do you have a second SSD to try.

Try a PRAM reset. (somewhat of a guess on my part)

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1379

Ciao.

ExpressCard 34 SSD Gone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.